The Clover Economic Development Board is comprised of thirteen (13) members who represent a cross-section of the community. Members are appointed annually by the Town Council. The Board was organized for the following purposes:
1. To promote the economic growth and development of Clover and the expansion of the commercial and industrial tax base;
2. To furnish information and provide recommendations to the Town Council and Greater Clover Chamber of Commerce relative to programs and policies affecting the economic growth and development of Clover;
3. To provide a forum through which business and government leaders meet to exchange ideas and experiences relative to economic development practices and policies;
4. To coordinate the economic development, marketing, and promotion activities among the several public and private groups engaged in such activity in the Town and within the greater Clover area; and
5. To recommend to the Town Council an economic development plan and growth strategy and to recommend updates to such plan and strategy at regular intervals.
The Economic Development Board meets on the third Wednesday of every other month at 4:00pm at the Clover Community Center, 120 Bethel Street. All meetings are open to the public. The Town is committed to creating an environment in which facilities for public meetings are accessible. The Community Center is accessible to the disabled. Residents needing another type of reasonable accommodation to attend the meeting should contact Allison Harvey at (803) 222-9495 at least 24 hours in advance of the meeting to make arrangements.